Friday, April 12, 2013

Good times with Good friends

I only wish I could have a claim to this trip. It looked like these boys had one hell of a good time! The reason I wanted to post and share this video is that this is a fine example of what Maine is all about! Good times with Good friends. I sure hope a video like this would inspire you to get out and have a great time and share your story. I personally believe that the "word of mouth" can encourage more than a "Maine Adventure" brochure. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they work, but I'm sure these boys had more fun.
 
Myself and a couple others have been hard at work for the past month or so planning the summer destinations. Much like the trip in this video, planning is critical. Late nights looking at maps, calculating distances, making lists and checking gear are all part of the plan. I personally have fallen asleep a couple times with the Maine Gazetteer on my lap. Ill just say that I was trying to absorb the maps subconsciously... My problem when I get flipping through the map pages is I cant decide where I want to go first!
 
There are other books that I keep close by just to brush up on and always online looking for more info. There's a lot out there! I will post a list of my favorites soon, they work for me, maybe they will for you too. Well, take a look at this video. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
 
Maine Adventures 2011 - Allagash Wilderness Waterway  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment